Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

Shrimp Fried Rice

I had a shrimp cocktail tray that needed to be eaten but we weren't in the mood for just plain shrimp. I was thinking about a pasta dish but I came across this package of Cantonese fried seasoning mix & decided to give it a go. Yummy! Next time I will use peas & carrots instead of corn & green beans (if I can get my man to eat them).
Shrimp Fried Rice

1 package fried rice seasoning mix
1 pound shrimp- cooked, peeled and deveined
1/2 can corn
1/2 can green beans, diced
1/2 cup onion, diced
2 cups cooked rice
2 eggs, scrambled
Vegetable oil
Soy sauce
Sesame Seeds

In a wok (or frying pan) add 2-3 tablespoons of oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add the rice and fry for 2-3 minutes. Add soy sauce, seasoning packet and sesame seeds to taste then add corn, green beans, onion and scrambled eggs and mix well. Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook till onions are tender then add shrimp. Mix well and serve.

0 comments: