Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

Crock-Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup

It's recipe swap time again and this time the theme was soups and stews. I was given Crock-Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup from Hezzi-D's Books & Cooks. My man is not a big fan of tomatoes or bell peppers but I am! This recipe is super good and would be excellent on a cold night. Today is was 78 degrees in Georgia but I still enjoyed the soup. My best friend is excited to get a container of soup tomorrow!
Crock-Pot Stuffed Bell Pepper Soup:

1 pound ground beef
1 package of dry onion soup mix (
I used two)
1 large can (28 oz) of diced tomatoes with garlic
1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
3 large green bell peppers, chopped into 1 inch pieces
½ large onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 beef bouillon cubes (
I used 3)
1/8 c. brown sugar
2 T. vinegar (preferably apple cider vinegar)
2 t oregano
1 t. black pepper
4 c. water
1 c. cooked white rice
Mozzarella cheese (to top the soup)

1. In a large skillet brown the ground beef. Put it in the crock-pot.

2. Combine the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and dry onion soup mix in the crock-pot. Mix well. Add in the peppers, onion, garlic, bouillon cubes, brown sugar, and water. Stir well.

3. Sprinkle with oregano, black pepper, and vinegar. Give it a stir. Cook on low heat for 8 hours. Add in the cooked rice and cook for an additional hour. Serve topped with mozzarella cheese.

2 comments:

Sarah - The Home Cook said...

The weather didn't cooperate for anyone, I don't think. :)

Thanks for being part of the swaps!

Chef Steph said...

Hubby is not a soup man. He was angry that I didnt come up with something else for him to eat LOL! But he actually REALLY liked this soup! Even went back for heaping seconds! Thank you for sharing!