Pages

Monday, October 27, 2008

Blackened Tilapia

I was in the mood for fish and decided to try it blackened. I found a basic recipe on Sparkrecipes and added a few of my own ingredients.


Blackened Tilapia:

3 tablespoons of paprika powder
1 tablespoon of salt
1 tablespoon of onion powder
1 teaspoon of ground white pepper
1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon of dried thyme
1 teaspoon of dried oregano
½ teaspoon of celery seed
1 pinch of garlic powder
1 pound of Tilapia fillets
1 lemon

Preheat oven to 350. Create a spice blend by pouring paprika powder, salt, onion powder, white pepper, black pepper, cayenne pepper, thyme, oregano, celery seed and garlic powder into a large ziploc bag. Shake till will blended. Add tilapia, shake til coated, and allow them to sit for 30 minutes in room temperature. Cover with foil and bake for 20 min. Remove from oven, move oven rack to top level, and switch to broil. Remove foil and broil for 10 min. Squeeze lemon juice over the Blackened Tilapia. Enjoy!

Fat: 1.5g
Carbohydrates: 0.0g
Calories:79.3
Protein: 18.0g

2 comments:

missgeorgiapeach said...

I will definitely have to make this with our last two Tilapias. We have recently gotten into this kind of fish and am glad because I am not a big fish person and they don't taste very fishy at all. Was it spicy at all with the cayenne (sp?)? I am not a big spicy person but can take a bit. I will let you know what I try this!

~Heather

Unknown said...

Yum! I like how flavorful and lean this is. Tilapia is such a delicious fish to cook with! I'd like to include your recipe on our blog, please let me know if you're interested :).

Sophie, Key Ingredient Chief Blogger
sophie@keyingredient.com