Pages

Friday, November 14, 2008

Beef Brisket

It was time for another recipe exchange on the cooking board I participate in. Lucky for me I got a yummy recipe that my entire family enjoyed (even my picky teen!). I also love any recipe that involves the crockpot. :)


Beef Brisket:

--Brisket. The size really depends on how many people you want to feed, because it shrinks a ton when you cook it. I usually get about 3# for my husband and I, and that will give us enough for the 2 of us and for him to take for lunch the next day. When I made it for 6 people, I got about 7# and it was just enough. Make sure you get a piece with a cap of fat on top!
--A small bag of baby carrots
--A medium-sized onion
--1 Tbsp. minced garlic
--Salt and pepper
--Bay leaves (optional)

Directions:--Cut all of the baby carrots in half, and rough chop the onion. Put in the slow cooker.--Rub the minced garlic into each side (top and bottom) of the brisket. Season each side with salt and pepper. Place the brisket on top of the veggies with the cap of fat facing up (this way the fat melts over the brisket and keeps it moist).--I sometimes add bay leaves on top, sometimes not. Depends on my mood. =)--Cook on High for 1 hour, then turn the heat down to Low for 5-6 hours.

0 comments: