Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Recipe Swap- Pork Tonkatsu

I am participating in a recipe swap from The Nest's "What's Cooking?" board. I was given the So Tasty, So Yummy blog and could choose any recipe from it to make. We had some pork chops in the freezer so I did a search and came up with several delicious looking options. I chose the Pork Tonkatsu recipe because I had all of the ingredients on hand. I followed the recipe but added a splash of soy sauce and a sprinkle of garlic powder to the egg mix. It was delicious!!
Pork Tonkatsu

1 egg
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Splash of Soy Sauce
1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1 cup Panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
2 boneless center-cut pork chops, pounded to 1/8" thickness
3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided

Whisk eggs and mustard in a medium bowl. Combine Panko, salt, and pepper on a large plate. Dip in egg mixture, then in Panko, pressing to adhere. Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook pork until golden brown and cooked through, about 2 minutes per side, adding 1 tablespoon vegetable oil after turning. Drain on paper towels.

2 comments:

kae71463 said...

Love your idea of adding soy sauce to the egg mixture...so smart!

Sarah - The Home Cook said...

Welcome to the swap! This is a recipe I've had my eye on for awhile. I'm glad it was so good. :)