Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Shepherds Pie a la Kristina!

Shepherds Pie a la Kristina! was created when my man asked for shepherds pie and I insisted on making it my way. You know I had to take a basic recipe and put my own stamp on it. It was AWESOME!! Next time I will put the ingredients in a smaller pan. It turned out kinda soupy/thin because I put it in a 9x13 pan.

Shepherds Pie a la Kristina!

1 pound ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
Seasonings
1 can green beans, drained
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/4 cup ketchup
3 potatoes, cubed (to make into mashed potatoes)
1 can brown gravy
Shredded cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bring pot of water to boil and add potatoes. Cook until soft; drain. Put into a bowl and add butter, milk, and salt/pepper to taste. Mash till the correct consistency (I used a hand mixer). Brown ground beef & onion adding desired spices (I used garlic powder, Italian seasonings, season all salt). Drain and return to pan. Add can of green beans, ketchup, cream of mushroom soup and mix well. Put meat mixture into a baking dish and top with mashed potatoes. Top potatoes with can of gravy (spread out over potatoes) and top with cheese. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove and let cool for a few minutes. Enjoy!

0 comments: