Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

Chocolate Chip Banana Cake w/Cream Cheese Frosting

I had a few old bananas and wanted to make something different than banana bread. I searched Allrecipes and found this recipe. I followed it pretty much but made a few changes and added the chocolate chips. My cake fell when I pulled it out of the oven. It was my fault though. I couldn't find the pot holders and used a hand towel. The pan was hot, causing me to drop it on the top of the stove.
Oh well. I had my man put the frosting on it. He's so cute when he's helping me in the kitchen. Yes, I did use frosting out of a can. Next time I will make it from scratch!
And here is the finished product. It was sooooooo moist and delicious!!

Chocolate Chip Banana Cake w/Cream Cheese Frosting

2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking soda
1/2 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
3/4 cup light brown sugar
2 eggs
2 medium bananas, mashed
2/3 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch pan. In a small bowl, whisk together flour and baking soda; set aside. In a large bowl, cream butter, white sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Mix in the bananas. Add flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk to the creamed mixture. Pour batter into the prepared pans. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Frost after it cools and cut into squares. Top with banana slices, chocolate chips or nuts if desired.

I have also posted this recipe on Sweet as Sugar Cookies blog. Click to check out all the delicious treats!!

1 comments:

Lisa said...

That really does look moist and the cream cheese frosting is a must. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog till Monday night and I'd love it if you'd come by and link your cake up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2012/01/sweets-for-saturday-51.html