Pages

Friday, October 19, 2012

Recipe Swap: Pizza Pasta Casserole!!

I love the bloggers choice swaps. Sometimes it takes me a few days to find a recipe but as soon as I saw Pizza Pasta Casserole from Carrie at Carrie's Sweet Life, my mind was made up. K doesn't like red sauce from a jar/can so I made it myself but other than that I stayed true to the recipe. I baked mine in a smaller round dish so I could make a layer of pasta, pepperoni then cheese and repeat. We both loved it!! I sprinkled a little crushed red pepper on mine.


Pizza Pasta Casserole: 

1 lb ground beef
1/2 onion chopped
1 T. garlic powder
1 (26 once) jar spaghetti sauce
12 ounces rotini pasta, cooked and drained
3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
8 ounces sliced pepperoni

Brown ground beef, onion, adding oil if needed. Drain. Stir in pasta, spaghetti sauce, and 2 cups cheese. Place mixture in a greased 9×13 pan. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Top with pepperoni. Bake uncovered at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Top with Parmesan before serving.

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

I love this as a weeknight dinner!

Carrie said...

This is a favorite in our house, glad you enjoyed it.

Jaida said...

Pizza & Pasta combined = PERFECT!! Great choice!

Christine @ Christine's Kitchen Chronicles said...

Looks so easy and my husband would love it. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

What a comforting-sounding dish! I remember seeing this on Carrie's blog and thinking that the pepperoni on top sounded so good!

Eva said...

Looks so easy and delicious!