Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Stuffed Bell Pepper

I love bell peppers. Sometimes I get lucky and find the stoplight peppers (red, yellow, green) on sale at the store. Sometimes I omit the rice if I am watching my carbs. I also sometimes substitute the rice with French's Fried Onions.



Stuffed Bell Peppers:


1 lb lean ground beef
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp minced garlic
1/2 cup diced onion
1 tbsp Italian seasoning
1 cup rice (I use boil-n-bag)
1 can Hunt's Diced tomato w/ Basil, Garlic, & Oregano
4 Bell Peppers (Green or Yellow are good, too)


Preheat oven to 350. Cook rice according to package directions. Brown meat with garlic, onion, soy sauce, Italian seasoning and half of the can of diced tomatoes. Drain fat.Cut off tops of bell peppers and stand upright in a oven safe baking dish. Fill with meat mixture. Cover peppers and cook in preheated oven for 15 min. Remove from oven and top peppers with remaining canned tomatoes. Cover and place in oven for 15 min. Remove and serve.



Nutritional Info
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 420.4
Total Fat: 23.8 g
Cholesterol: 85.1 mg
Sodium: 1,053.7 mg
Total Carbs: 27.2 g
Dietary Fiber: 4.0 g
Protein: 23.2 g

0 comments: