Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

No Shell Taco Salad

I am trying to eat more healthy in the new year in hopes of losing a few pounds. I have decided to include the nutritional information with my recipes. I will also try and go back and add them to the previously posted recipes. I have been in a Mexican mood lately so I hope you don't mind. I get like that sometimes!

No Shell Taco Salad

1 lb ground beef
1 packet taco seasoning
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup green bell pepper
1/4 cup red bell pepper
2 tbsp chopped cilantro
4 cups lettuce
1/2 cup shredded cheese
4 tbsp fat free sour cream
1/2 cup salsa

Brown meat and drain fat. Add taco seasoning and water according to packet directions. Once meat and seasoning are done add onion, peppers, and cilantro. Cook til veggies are soft. Put lettuce in a bowl and top with mixture. Add salsa, cheese, and sour cream. If you are not watching your carbs you can use a taco salad shell, add tortilla strips or eat it with nacho chips.

Nutritional Info
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 301.8
Total Fat: 16.0 g
Cholesterol: 100.4 mg
Sodium: 753.7 mg
Total Carbs: 10.9 g
Dietary Fiber: 1.9 g
Protein: 28.4 g

1 comments:

Crystal's Creations said...

Oh that looks so good, maybe I will try this! Great no carb meal! Thanks