Pages

Monday, July 7, 2008

Recipe Exchange: Mar-A-Largo Turkey Burger

It was time for the next recipe exchange and I got Mar-A-Largo Turkey Burgers. It is a recipe from Oprah that she found while dining at Mar-A-Largo, Donald Trump's private club in Palm Beach. Click here for the original recipe. I loved this burger. It was not what I was expecting at all! I did cut the recipe in half and still came up with 6 big burgers.



Mar-A-Largo Turkey Burger:

1/4 cup scallions, thinly sliced
1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
3 Granny Smith apples, peeled and diced
1/8 cup canola oil
4 pounds ground turkey breast
2 Tbsp. salt
1 Tbsp. black pepper
2 tsp. chipotle Tabasco™
1 lemon, juice and grated zest
1/2 bunch parsley, finely chopped
1/4 cup Major Grey's Chutney, pureed


Sauté the scallions, celery and apples in the canola oil until tender. Let cool.

Place the ground turkey in a large mixing bowl. Add sautéed items and the remaining ingredients. Shape into eight 8-ounce burgers. Refrigerate for 2 hours.

Season the turkey burgers with salt and pepper. Place on a preheated, lightly oiled grill. Grill each side for 7 minutes until meat is thoroughly cooked. Let sit for 5 minutes. Serve with a side of Mar-A-Largo Pear Chutney (recipe below) and your favorite toasted bread, pita or hamburger roll.





Mar-A-Largo Pear Chutney:

1 Anjou pear, peeled and diced
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. sea salt
1 1/2 cups Major Grey's Chutney
1/4 cup dried currants or raisins

Preheat oven to 350°. Toss the diced pears with the cinnamon and salt. Bake on a parchment-lined cookie sheet for 10 minutes. Cool and mix with the chutney and currants or raisins.

2 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Annie, Thank You for posting about this! When I had my burger event the other weekend, one of my friends mentioned this specific burger and I completely forgot to look up the recipe. I'm starring this to try!

Unknown said...

Yay! This was my recipe!! So glad you liked it. It's now a family favorite over in my house :)