Pages

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Crockpot Salsa Chicken

While looking for mexican dishes I can across this recipe from Lovestoeat's Weblog and decided to give it a go. Glad I did because this was super easy and very good.


Crockpot Salsa Chicken:

4 frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup salsa-Fresh
1 package taco seasoning
1 can reduced fat cream of mushroom soup (condensed) or cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream

Add chicken to slow cooker. Sprinkle taco seasoning over chicken. Mix salsa and soup; pour over chicken. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. Shred chicken with a fork. Stir in sour cream until heated, then serve over rice or tortillas. I topped mine with cheese, chopped green onions, and leftover green chile sauce from my chimichangas.

2 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

This looks great and is inspiring me to dust off my crockpot! Thanks for sharing :)

Amy of Sing For Your Supper said...

You know, I've heard of this recipe so many times but I had never been tempted to try it...until now! Your pictures look absolutely delicious!! I think I'll have to give this one a go!

-Amy
www.singforyoursupperblog.com