Pages

Friday, June 29, 2012

Recipe Swap: Buffalo Chicken Wrap

It's recipe swap time again and this time the theme was burgers/sandwiches. I was given my choice of two recipes from A Taste of Home Cooking. I wanted to make both but time didn't allow me to. I actually forgot about it and happened to have all of the ingredients on hand to make the Buffalo Chicken Wrap. I will get around to making the Cuban Sandwich soon as I have been craving one for a while. The only thing I did differently to this recipe was cook the chicken in the crockpot. It was quick and delicious. :)

Ingredients:

1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 pinch freshly ground pepper
1 pinch coarse salt
1/2 cup Frank’s hot sauce, divided
1 pound chicken tenders
2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
1 roma tomato, diced
1/4 cup blue cheese dressing
2-3 scallions, finely chopped
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
4 large flour tortillas

Place chicken in the crockpot and top with salt and pepper. Combine butter and hot sauce and pour over chicken. Cook on high for four hours. Shred chicken. Heat up the tortillas in the microwave. Layer some chicken in the center, followed by romaine, tomato, blue cheese dressing, scallions, cheddar, and a few more good glugs of Frank’s. Mix up the filling with a spoon or your fingers so the dressing evenly coats all of the ingredients. Roll up the wrap and tuck in the corners. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Lishie said...

My hubby would love this!

Sarah - The Home Cook said...

Glad you enjoyed these. If I had better luck with my slow cooker I'd try the chicken in there.

Thanks for being part of the recipe swaps!