Pages

Friday, July 13, 2012

Recipe Swap: Round Pasta

It's recipe swap time again and the theme for this swap was vegetarian. I got Round Pasta from DeLish. It was really good! She got the idea from Giada's Round and Round Pasta Recipe. My grocery store didn't have any round pasta so I used shells. They are kinda round. :p


Round Pasta

1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 sweet onion, diced small
2 medium carrots, sliced in to rounds (I used pre-cut ones)
pinch of sea salt
2 medium zucchini, trimmed and cut into rounds
1 lb round pasta

Dressing:
1/2 cup ricotta cheese, at room temp
1 TBSP lemon juice
Zest of 1 large lemon
1 tsp salt, plus extra for seasoning

Cook the pasta to box instructions. Heat two tablespoons of the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, carrots and a sprinkle of salt. Cook until the carrots begin to soften, about 4 minutes. Add the zucchini and another pinch of salt. Cook until the carrots and zucchini are tender. Add the zucchini mixture to the pasta.

For the dressing: mix together the ricotta cheese, lemon juice, lemon zest and salt in a small bowl until smooth. Mix the dressing into the pasta.

2 comments:

Lishie said...

I am so glad you enjoyed it!!! I always seem to have switch out, & shells are round & delicious! Thank you!

Sarah - The Home Cook said...

I'm always swapping pasta shapes because I never seem to have what the recipe calls for.

Thanks for being part of the recipe swaps!