Pages

Friday, July 27, 2012

Recipe Swap: Panko Crusted Chicken with Mustard-Maple Sauce


It's recipe swap time again (yaaaaaaay!) and it was bloggers choice. I love bloggers choice! I chose the Panko Crusted Chicken with Mustard-Maple Sauce from Mrs. Regueiro's Plate. I mostly chose it because I had all of the ingredients at home and didn't want to go to the store, again. I feel like I am there all the time. It turned out really great! I was in a hurry to eat it so I'm sorry for the bad pic. I received several compliments on it from the family. :)


Panko-Crusted Chicken with Mustard-Maple Sauce

Ingredients:
2 8-ounce skinless boneless chicken breast halves, cut crosswise in half
1 large egg
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
2 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons Honey Dijon mustard
1 cup panko
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 cup low-salt chicken broth
3 tablespoons pure maple syrup

Preparation:
1. Cover the chicken with parchment paper, using a meat mallet pound the chicken to 1/3-to 1/2-inch thickness.
2. Whisk egg, parsley, and 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard in large bowl. Place chicken in egg mixture; turn to coat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Dip each chicken piece in panko; turn to coat.
3. Heat 3 tablespoons butter in large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, cook until brown and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
4. Meanwhile, whisk broth, syrup, coarse-grained mustard, and remaining 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard in glass measuring cup.
5. Transfer chicken to plates. Add broth mixture to skillet; boil until reduced to 3/4 cup, stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon of chilled unsalted butter; whisk until melted. Spoon sauce alongside chicken.

1 comments:

Krystal R said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed this old tasty fave of mine!