Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

Five Spice Chicken Lettuce Wrap

I found this recipe on Pinterest and wanted to try it. I didn't have any turkey on hand so I used chicken breasts and cut it into small bites. I also made a few other changes to the original recipe (it called for bell pepper and water chestnuts) to make it more to my liking. The result is below. I enjoyed them and look forward to lunch tomorrow!
Five Spice Chicken Lettuce Wrap:

1/2 cup cooked rice
2 teaspoons oil
1.5 chicken breasts, diced
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 cup shredded veggies (mine was a broccoli/carrot/cabbage mix I found pre-cut at the store)
1 cup diced onions
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
2 teaspoon five-spice powder
Sriracha sauce to taste

Heat oil in a pan and add the chicken, garlic and ginger. Cook till chicken is done. Add shredded veggies, onions, mushrooms, hoisin sauce, five spice and sriracha sauce. Cook till veggies are tender then add the rice. Stir well and serve.

0 comments: