Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Scrambled Dog

I am originally from Columbus, GA and the Scrambled Dog is a way of life here. I don't know anywhere else that serves these. There are several different ways to make this but the original scrambled dog (made famous by Lieutenant at Dinglewood Pharmacy) is posted below. Everybody says it's the chili that makes a good scrambled dog. I made mine but most find it perfectly acceptable to use the kind that comes in a can. I also like to add sauerkraut to mine (not pictured).
Scrambled Dog

Hot dogs (I put mine in the oven, others like to boil them)
Hot dog buns
Mustard
Ketchup
Chili (recipe below)
Diced onion
Coleslaw
Pickles (slices or dill relish)
Cheddar cheese (shredded)
Oyster crackers (I used crushed up saltines)

Chili:
1 pound ground beef
1 can tomato sauce
1 can diced tomatoes, chili style
1 packet chili seasoning
Diced onions
Garlic salt
Pepper

Brown ground beef, drain. Combine remaining ingredients and let simmer till onions are cooked. I like to put mine in the crock pot.

Build your dog!

0 comments: