Pages

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Chicken Tomato Pesto Pasta

I was in the mood for a chicken and pasta dish the other night. I found this recipe on Allrecipes and made a few modifications. Below is my version of the dish. I didn't really measure the ingredients when I was making it. I just eyeballed it as I went along ant the below measurements are an approximation. It makes a lot, too. Very nice for lunch the next day. :)



Chicken Tomato Pesto Pasta:

1 package of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Olive Oil
Italian Seasoning
Salt
Pepper
3 cloves of garlic, minced
3 tbsp Basil Pesto
1 can diced tomatoes, Italian style
1 cup White Wine
Kalamata Olives, pitted
1/2 cup heavy cream
Red Pepper flakes (optional)
Box of
Penne Noodles, cooked

Cube the chicken breasts and place in a dish. Lightly coat the chicken with olive oil and season with garlic, salt, pepper, and Italian seasonings. Cover and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes. (You can skip this step if pressed for time)

Heat skillet and add chicken cubes. Cook till no longer pink and juices run clear. Drain tomatoes and add to chicken along with cream, wine, red pepper flakes (if using), and olives. Reduce heat and simmer for 15
minutes.

Toss with pasta and serve.

1 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Mmm - awesome combo of tomato and pesto!