Pages

Saturday, April 11, 2009

No Bake Cookies

I told a good friend of mine that I was making cookies with out baking them. She proceeded to lecture me on how a cookie is not a cookie unless it is baked and that what I was making was a candy. I will let you be the judge of that. Regardless of weather it is a cookie or a candy they are yummy.



No Bake Cookies:

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups white sugar
  • 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/2 cup margarine
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 pinch salt
  • 3 cups quick cooking oats
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions:
  1. In a saucepan bring sugar, cocoa, margarine, milk, and salt to a rapid boil for 1 minute.
  2. Add quick cooking oats, peanut butter, and vanilla; mix well.
  3. Working quickly, drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper, and let cool.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am with you... they are cookies! And they are so good, I love to make these around Christmas time, yum!

What's Cookin Chicago said...

I love no bake cookies - so easy and chocolatey!

Abby said...

We call this school fudge. And we LOVE it.