Pages

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Grilled Chicken with Avacado Salsa

I got this recipe from Jessy of Everyday Gourmet . The only changes I made was to bake the chicken instead of grill it. The family loved this dish. I had extra salsa left over so I decided to put it on top of a bed of lettuce and drizzle ranch dressing on top (see below). Yum!


Lime Chicken with Avacado Pico de Gallo:

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 medium sized tomatoes, seeded and diced
2 scallions diced
2 tablespoons of cilantro minced
2 garlic cloves minced
2 limes- juiced
1 pepper of your choice-I used half of cubanelle and half of a salsa pepper
1 avocado
2 teaspoons of sea salt ( less if you are using table salt)
fresh cracked pepper
olive oil


Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of salt over chicken breasts along with pepper and a drizzle of olive oil. Turn over and season the other side as well ( with another 1/2 teaspoon of salt). Drizzle chicken with 1/2 of a limes juice. Cook for 30-45 min or till done in a 350 degree oven.


In a bowl combine diced tomatoes, scallions, cilantro, garlic, 1 teaspoon of salt, cracked pepper, the juice of 1 1/2 limes, minced pepper(s) of your choce, and avocado. Chill until chicken is done.

Once chicken is done, top with the Pico de gallo and enjoy!


Here is the salad I told you about. It was really good. I have started to keep this salsa in my fridge at all times because it is so good on lots of stuff. Sometimes I will put a plop on my eggs in the morning.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooooooooh my gosh, this looks so amazing! Must have this now!

Tina Butler said...

That chicken looks good. I love avacados. I must try this recipe. Welcome to Foodie.