Pages

Friday, September 21, 2012

Recipe Swap: Peanut Butter Honey Cake with Chocolate Topping

 
It's recipe swap time and the theme was bloggers choice. I was given the blog Cookies on Friday and chose her Peanut Butter Honey Cake with Chocolate Chip Topping. I did not use buttermilk and used regular milk. I'm not sure if it made a huge difference but my cake doesn't look as moist as hers. It sure was good though! I followed all of the other directions to a T, including using the mixer for the crumb topping. I cut the cake before it completely cooled so my picture kinda sucks. Click over to Nicole's blog to see her beautiful pic!



Cake:
½ cup butter, softened
¼ cup peanut butter
¾ cup honey
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
¾ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
¾ cup buttermilk

Topping:
½ cup peanut butter
¾ cup sugar
2 tablespoons flour
1 cup chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 

Grease and flour a 9” x 13” pan.
In a large mixer bowl, beat together the butter, ¼ cup peanut butter, and honey. Blend in the eggs and vanilla. In a separate bowl stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add the flour to the butter mixture alternately with the buttermilk, starting and ending with the flour mixture. Pour in the prepared pan.
Prepare the topping: in a mixer bowl, combine the ½ cup peanut butter, sugar, and flour. Stir in the chocolate chips. Crumble the topping over the cake batter. 
Bake for 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. 

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh, what a great choice! I loved that cake. It's hard not to cut things before they are cooled.

Lindsay Seal said...

That looks really tasty! I can't wait to make it!