Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012

RecipeSwap: The Pioneer Woman's Peach-Whiskey Barbecue Chicken

Holy crap this is good! I love bourbon/whiskey so this was right up my alley. The recipe called for 1 1/2 cups of whiskey but I just couldn't do it. I put in one cup and drank the other 1/2. I also used chicken breasts instead of thighs. Thank you Chrystal!!


Pioneer Woman's Peach Whiskey Barbeque Chicken
:
  • 12 whole Chicken Thighs, Bone-in, Skin-on
  • 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
  • 2 Tablespoons Butter
  • 1 whole Yellow Onion, Diced
  • 1-1/2 cup Whiskey
  • 12 ounces, fluid Barbecue Sauce
  • 1 jar Peach Preserves
  • 1/2 cup Water
  • 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
  • 4 cloves Garlic, Peeled
  • 3 whole Green Onions, Sliced Thin
Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Heat olive oil and butter in a pan. Add chicken and brown on both sides. Put on a plate and set aside. Add onions and to pan and cook till translucent. Pour in whiskey- carefully if using an open flame. Mix in remaining ingredients and return chicken to the pan. Cover and put in oven. Cook for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.

2 comments:

CRS said...

Wow, can't get a much higher rating than "holy crap this was good."

I'll have to add this to my meal plan soon!

Sarah - The Home Cook said...

YUM! I've had my eye on this recipe so I'm glad to hear it's good. :)

Thanks for being part of the recipe swap!