Pages

Monday, March 1, 2010

Thanksgiving Pie

I am such a slacker! I didn't realize it had been 10 months since I last updated this blog. I have been so busy with my wedding planning business that my food blog has suffered. So I am going to try and catch up by blogging about my first Thanksgiving feast. It was pretty good, if I do say so myself!
I made my signature chocolate bourbon pecan pie. It is sooooo good!
My newest addition was a pumpkin cheesecake. I found the recipe on Allrecipes.com.
Please excuse the styrofoam plate. I was so over everything by the time it came to dessert that I just wanted to eat it and not fuss over the nice china.
Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie:

1 (9 inch) deep dish pie shell
1 cup white sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup butter
4 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup bourbon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 325.
In a small saucepan combine sugar, corn syrup, and butter or margarine. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until butter or margarine melts and sugar dissolves. Cool slightly. In a large bowl combine eggs, bourbon, vanilla, and salt. Mix well. Slowly pour sugar mixture into egg mixture, whisking constantly. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans. Pour mixture into pie shell. Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes, or until set and golden. May be served warm or chilled.


Pumpkin Cheesecake:

2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 pinch ground cloves
1 pinch ground nutmeg
1/2 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed

Preheat oven to 325.
In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Blend in eggs one at a time. Remove 1 cup of batter and spread into bottom of crust; set aside. Add pumpkin, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg to the remaining batter and stir gently until well blended. Carefully spread over the batter in the crust. Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until center is almost set. Allow to cool, then refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight. Cover with whipped topping before serving.

0 comments: