Pages

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Salsa Chicken

So it is pretty obvious that I love to make Mexican chicken! My husband asked me to make a new-ish Mexican dish and this is what I came up with:


Salsa Chicken:

3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 package fajita seasoning
1/2 lime
Home made salsa (recipe below)
Sour Cream


Preheat oven to 350. In a Ziploc bag, empty fajita seasoning. Add chicken breasts one at a time in bag and shake to cover. Place chicken in a greased baking dish and place in oven for 20 min. After 20 min is up, take chicken out of oven and squeeze juice of 1/2 a lime over it and place it back in the oven for 15-20 more min or till done. Top with salsa and a dollop of sour cream.


Home made Salsa:

Cilantro
Lime juice
Onion
Tomato
Garlic
Jalapeno

Chop cilantro, onion, tomato, and jalapeno and mix together. Add garlic and lime juice and chill for at least 30 min. I make mine to taste, like sometimes I want more kick so I add more jalapeno.

0 comments: