Pages

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Recipe Swap: Sloppy Joe's

It is time for another recipe exchange. I really enjoyed the last exchange and couldn't wait to see what recipe I would get this time. Lucky for me (and my son) I got a really easy and yummy recipe for an old favorite. My son had two sandwiches last night and laid claim to the leftovers. He asked me to make it often. See the update below. :)



Ozzie's Sloppy Joe's:

2 lbs mid grade hamburger (you want some fat to hold in the flavor)
1 small yellow onion diced
1 1/2 c. Ketchup
1 T. Yellow mustard
1 t. French brown mustard
1/4 tsp. Dill
1/4 t. Tarragon
1/4 t. Basil
1/4 McCormick Cajun seasoning
2 T. Parsley


Fry hamburger and onion together. Drain. Place in slow cooker with seasoning, cook for 3-4 hrs at least, but for best taste cook for 6-8. It best to cook for 2 or so hours, taste and adjust the seasonings if needed.

UPDATE:


I have made a few changes to the recipe and the guys in my life say the following recipe is the perfect one for them.

2 lbs ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
Minced garlic (I use at least 3 cloves)
1 tbsp cider vinegar
2 tbsp prepared mustard (squeeze kind works for me)

1/4 t. Tarragon
1/4 t. Basil
1/4 McCormick Cajun seasoning

1/4 cup brown sugar (not packed)
2 cups of ketchup
1 can of tomato paste
Salt and pepper to taste

Brown meat, drain. Add to crock pot with other ingredients and mix well. Cook for 6-8 hours on low.

1 comments:

Carrie said...

I'm SO glad you enjoyed this recipe! My dad has made these for me since I was little, I love them. Glad your son enjoyed them too :)